FRONTEND DEVELOPER (Montreal)
Ex Machina works for TV broadcasters like NBC, Sony, M6, Channel 4 and many others to create mobile apps and solutions that allow people to engage with TV shows and online videos. Our philosophy is to develop applications that provide the best experience on any device by using the latest mobile browsers and devices technologies, but include fallbacks and polyfills and let design degrade gracefully for older configurations.
What we are looking for
- Excellent understanding of HTML, DOM and CSS
- Experience with creating apps for Android (Java) and iOS (ObjectiveC)
- Not scared to open Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Good understanding of UX/UI design and implementation best practices to give feedback on initial ideas and mockups
- Able to work remotely on projects together with our team in Amsterdam
- Work in a collaborative project based environment with a team of highly skilled engineers
- A strong drive to deliver high quality applications to our customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What makes us happy
- Experience with building mobile web applications that run within native iOS & Android wrappers (e.g. PhoneGap, Cordova)
- Experience with writing easy to read code
- Experience with OO and MVC-like modularization
- Other programming language experience (Java, ObjectiveC, Python, Ruby)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Enthusiastic and growing team and regular leisure moments with the entire company
- Flexible work environment in the center of Montreal on only 5 minutes from Mont Royal.
Our ideal candidate has a passion to work on frontend project for apps that are used by millions all around the world for some of the biggest TV shows and formats.
Why work for Ex Machina?
The Ex Machina Group creates apps and solutions that allow people to engage with TV formats, online video and brands. We work with some of the largest broadcasters, advertisers and production companies in the world that need effective engagement solutions and multiscreen strategies for TV shows, live streams and events.
Our industry leading platform and tools let millions of people participate in real time and have supported thousands of episodes and billions of interactions. Our clients include NBC, Talpa, Viacom, CBC, Sony, TF1, MBC, Channel 4, M6, Nine, Orange, RTL Group, Globo.
Interested to work as a Frontend developer at Ex Machina?
Send your resume and your motivation to work for us to email@example.com.
This position is based in Montreal, Canada. No relocation assistance is provided.
No agencies please.